Upstairs at Duroc Submission Guidelines
Upstairs at Duroc is interested in English language poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction and translations. We welcome innovative or cross-genre forms, prose poems and flash fiction. Standalone excerpts from longer works will also be considered. Submit no more than 5 poems, or two prose pieces not exceeding 2000 words each. Include cover sheet with name, address, phone number, email address, word count for prose, and a short Bio. Work is read anonymously by our Editorial Board.
- Submission dates: We accept submissions from October 1 to February 28.
- Please submit only previously unpublished material!
- Poetry submission: Submit up to five poems. Attach them in a single Word document, one poem per page.
- Prose submissions: For short stories, send one or two pieces of no more than 2000 words each. Send up to five flash fiction pieces, attaching them in a single Word document, one piece per page.
- Visual Art submissions: We seek drawings, etchings and photographs with good contrast. Mostly black/white, plus one color piece per issue (for the cover). Send artwork in jpeg format.
- Send submissions to: email@example.com
- For any queries regarding submissions, please write to The Editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Snail mail submissions should be sent to:
c/o Upstairs at Duroc
10 rue Tiphaine